This website is intended to support residents in three ways.
1. Championing Cumbrae’s community
This site is intended to be a simple way of bringing together the many activities, groups and organisations on Cumbrae. It aims to shine a light on our spectacular collective community spirit.
Thank you everyone for the many hours of support, volunteering, inspired thinking and hard work! It is your efforts which make Cumbrae such a wonderful place to live.
2. Asking your views
This site is also intended to help everyone see the opportunities and changes we have ahead, and to give you a chance to voice your views.
- There is a new Ten Year Plan, developed through an extensive consultation process overseen by North Ayrshire Council.
- The flood protection scheme will soon begin construction.
- The Town Hall is being redeveloped into a sustainable community asset.
- The Marina is in development.
Together these projects represent the largest level of investment and change the island will have seen in a generation. This website will share regular updates.
You will also have the opportunity to hear about developments first-hand at monthly Cumbrae Community Council meetings, and we will seek your views by email and on social media.
3. Helping you know who to tell
Who should you email about a pothole? Who do you tell about a missed bin collection?
If you have an issue or a problem, the site will help you find the right people to tell. Please copy us in if you’d like to, so we can help keep a track of issues on the island.